Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You're So Tweet!

Bird cards - love the StampinUP Bird Punch!  Used one of my favorites, wallpaper, for the birdhouse.  Roof was made with Quickutz Stripes Label Embossing Folder.  Ran brown cardstock thru the folder and then cut strips.  Then layered the strips after highlighting with dark brown ink.  Also, cut edges of strips with deckle edge scissors.
When punching out the circle for the birdhouse, my circle punch would not go over far enough for me to center it.  So I cut a slit just under the roof, slid my punch in and punched!  Then covered up the slit with the roof again.  Whew, didn't know how I was going to punch in the center!

This was the first card that I made and I cut the birdhouse too thin.  So I redid the style of the card and made it into a two step card - just love that style and think it turned out pretty neat! (And it is regular sized - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 - so it fits in a regular card envelope).

2 comments:

Gerlinde said...

So Cute! Love the roof idea!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, you really go to a lot of work. I love your work.
T