Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bird & Hearts

Out of my box type card!  Got the idea off someone's else' blog, sorry don't know who, and changed it a little to suit my taste.  So many different things going on with this card.  I used a word background stamp for the yellow heart and the front of the card.  Used the bird punch and the Martha Stewart leaf punch.  Then made a strip of dark brown paper and put it thru my paper crimper, so it has ridges.  Used another MS punch for the scalloped border with holes.  For the hearts, the dark brown is a StampinUP folder and the light yellow one was done with the Cricut.  In the lower left hand corner I wanted to put brads, but don't like the look of the back of the brad on the inside of the card.  So instead, I punched out three tiny brown dots and just used them.  A neat way to add this touch if you don't have the brads to match the papers!
A side view.
And the inside of the card.  Used the tiny dots as an accent here too.
  (**Edited - figured out where I saw the original of this card... Linda's Stampin Loft).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!! How many can I order! This is added to my favorites list! :)

Your #1 fan!

Gerlinde said...

Wow! the composition is fantastic! and the color combo too! Love It!

Anonymous said...

The color combination is very interesting. And I love the sentiment inside the card.

T