Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Fun

Needed a fun summer card and FINALLY used my Cricut to make the entire card!  All items were cut with the Cricut.  It is still a learning process to be able to figure out how to cut out all the different layers and glue them all together to make a cool ice cream cone, but I think that it finally turned out ok.  I also have trouble figuring out what size to make the cutouts, so an 'hour' card always takes me 'two hours'!  The little bee is a stick-on that I picked up along the way, knowing that I would use it one day!  Isn't that true of a lot of stuff we all have in our craft rooms!?
Here is a side view - all the Cricut items are three layers.  I used Ranger Accents for the dots on the wording and also for the white on the ice cream and popsicle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another one! You busy lady! I LOVE this one! It would make great end-of-the-year teacher thank you cards! Great job! And good use of your cricut! :)

Your #1 Fan!

Anonymous said...

Hi ter, That is a darling card. it could go for anything. i liked the card you sent out yesterday too, but the comment thingy was closed and wouldn't let me comment. Any way you excell Kid.
T