Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wedding Card

Wedding card for my brother-in-law.  I made the wedding invitations for him (will be shown in another post) and decided to make a card for him out of the same aqua paper.  To dress it up a bit, I put vellum over the paper and wow, in person it looks really pretty, just could not get the camera shot to do it justice.  I made two layers of the vellum (which has a design already in it) and then stamped the birds in the heart.  Punched tiny flowers out of the aqua paper and attached them over the stamped ones.
Here is a side view that shows off the vellum paper a little more.  The ribbon is cream with gold in it and is the ribbon that I used on the invitations.  Really like how this card turned out - looks very elegant!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Terry, that is really pretty. What a nice gift for them. That is frame worthy, I hope they do something special with it!

Gerlinde said...

That is such an elegant card! Where did you find that vellum? They will love it!

Terry said...

I have had the vellum for a long, long time and just never used it! With me on the 'paper diet' you would be surprised what you can find in your stash! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Terry you hav out done yourself this time. That is a beautiful card. I hope they cherish it forever. I can't wait to see the announcements you made.
T