Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Son Got Married!

My youngest son got married and we are so happy for the new couple!  They had a small wedding on Friday and then a reception/party on Saturday.  A great time was had by all!  Of course, I could not let this big occasion pass without some creativity.  The centerpieces on the tables were a Mason jar with sliced lemons and then a big sunflower and daisies in each.  Think they turned out kinda neat!  We also cut a square of burlap and then put a doily on each to finish off the centerpieces.  My daughter-in-law had the idea for this, so I think I see crafting in our future together!
Favors were a metal tin that we filled half of them with candy coated sunflower seeds and the other half had salted sunflower seeds.
For the wedding on Friday it was supposed to be very hot and so I made some fans for us all to use, but when the day arrived, it was a pleasant day with a nice breeze, so we didn't have to use them.  We later just laid them out on each table at the reception.
For the wedding on Friday, I made these favors for the dinner afterward.  I just love the look of nuggets that are just wrapped with a printed label.  So easy to make and always look so nice!  I used my Cricut to cut out the date and names. 
And the happy couple!  Absolutely love this picture!  Congratulations David and Morgan!!

2 comments:

Gerlinde said...

Love seeing all your handiwork together on one page! It was a lovely wedding! Congratulations to you all!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You really went all out with the decorations and favors. Very nice and fresh looking. Sorry I missed it. Congratulations to all.
T.